Tuesday, December 20, 2011

advent calendar

Dottie has been more than excited about the advent calendar my mom and dad sent this year. As a child my brother and I received this same advent calendar (an old Coca Cola crate filled with presents for each of the 24 days before Christmas) from my great Aunt Jackie and we looked so forward to it every night before Christmas. My mom took some of the old toys and trinkets that we used to open and added some new ones and it is just wonderful. We will of course continue the tradition for years to come. I will take a picture of it when all of the presents are open. Tonight Dottie opened two little mini pirates and a parrot! She has been letting Esther open up about 1 of 5 presents at this point. She will need to be a little more giving next year I think...

5 days to go!!!!!

advent calendar

No comments: